Oatmeal is served at least once a week at the Schad-Shed. The kids’ recent favorite is a Homemade version of Instant-Oatmeal. Kaleb is our go-to-chef for this recipe and he thought you all might like to try it too… Great Idea Kaleb!
So here ya’r! Homemade Instant Oatmeal by Kaleb…
1. Collect your Ingredients and Tools.
2. Measure 10 cups of Rolled Oats to add to your mixing bowl (we used a big pot).
3. Add 1 1/2 cups Dry Powdered Milk.
4. Next put in 1 1/2 cups of Brown Sugar.
5. Now for the spices and flavor:
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon (heaping) ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon (heaping) ground Allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
6. Get Mixin’ Baby!
And if the spoon’s not gettin’ the job done, use yer hands…
7. Transfer the mixture to a Storage Container with a lid.
8. Mix yourself a cup and give it a try!
Kaleb likes to mix his with a small amount of hot water because he likes his THICK… I like mine with more liquid and then I let it sit covered so the oats can soak in the moisture and get plump and creamy… BOTH of us like to pour a little cream on top (I’ve polluted all my Peas on this one… hard to go back once you’ve been there) but it is actually delicious on its own. You can experiment on this last step to get it how you like it.